We want your body temperature to be as neutral as possible for your thermographic exam, please comply with the following:
5 days prior to exam:
- Avoid sunburn (natural or artificial) on front torso.
24 hours prior to exam:
- Avoid physical manipulation, examination or compression of the breasts (clinical or self breast exams, mammogram or ultrasound).
- Do not shave underarms or front torso.
- No massage or use of TENS units on front torso.
- No acupuncture, chiropractic manipulation.
6 hours prior to exam:
- Take no pain (anti-inflammatory) medications, including aspirin. (Please inform the staff if you have taken medications, including blood pressure, alpha-blocker, circulation, anti-coagulant medicine, and aspirin or pain medication. Be sure to check with your doctor if changes to your schedule must be made.)
- No hot/cold packs on area to be imaged.
- Do not use lotions, powders, ointments, antiperspirants or deodorants after bathing. Please do not wear perfume.
2-3 hours prior to exam:
- No bathing, exercising or eating (water only).
- Wear loose clothing. You will be asked to remove jewelry in area to be imaged.
- No smoking.
- Please complete nursing 30 minutes before scheduled appointment, and do not bring your child into the office with you.
- Please bring a friend if you bring a child that will need supervision.
We look forward to seeing you. Thank you for observing the above instructions!
Download Patient Preparation & Health Guide